The Air Jordan 5 Top3 released officially this Saturday June the 20th and sold out instantly. Fake pairs of this iteration have been on the market for quite some time, but I was waiting to get ahold of pictures of legitimate pairs for a side by side comparison. I’ll be showing how to identify the fake pair in the pictures below. Please understand that this isn’t an exhaustive list and do your own homework. Both the fake and the authentic pairs used in the comparison are size 8.5.
(1) The spacing between the 23 logo and the top edge of the heel overlay is bigger on the authentic pair
(2) The gap between the edge of the midsole and the 23 logo is wider on the fake pair
(3) The spacing between the 23 logo and the left edge of heel overlay is wider on the authentic pair
The red squares and yellow circles are showing you how the indent on the outsole is more 3D on the authentic pair ( you can clearly see how different they are)
(1) The heel tab has parabola shape that opens upward on the authentic pair but on the fake pair, the heel tab has more of a flat shape.
(2) There is a clear parabola shape again at the edge of the back overlay on the authentic pair while the fake pair appears to be almost flat again.
(1) The Nike logo is almost adjacent to the threads on the authentic pair ( remember both shoes are size 8.5’s)
(2) The spacing between the “AIR” text and the edge of the midsole is wider on the fake pair
(1) The gap between the holes on the netting is wider on the authentic pair
(2) The holes are thinner but wider on the authentic pair ( you can clearly see that)
(1) The air chamber is wider on the authentic pair
(2)(3) The space between the screen and the edge of the midsole is wider on the authentic pair
You can clearly see that the red portion of the midsole opens upward on the authentic pair and downward on the fake pair ( see yellow lines).
There you have it folks, I didn’t get a chance to look at the box label ( Qr code and RFID) but I’ll invite you to watch the video below which will teach you how to authenticate your own sneakers by way of the RFID and the QR code.
You can buy authentic pairs on eBay from our legitimate sellers in the listings below