Well , there we go again with Halloween and all the disturbing and morbid things it brings; even Nike is participating in this nonsense with the release of the Nike Kobe 11 XI Elite low 4KB Pale Horse.
Take a look at the book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible , especially Revelation 6:8:“I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.”
The Nike Kobe 11 XI Elite low 4KB Pale Horse was inspired by this verse; Halloween brings all kind of gloomy stuff with it, so I’m not sure how people feel about the shoes. They are also an indicative of the end of an era, the ” Black Mamba” era- so it really depends on how you choose to interpret what the shoes mean to you.
They feature a light grey Flyknit upper with dark grey detailing; the insoles bear a skull to represent death, and the heel has an interesting design which I know nothing about. A white Nike Swoosh and a translucent outsole complete the look of the shoe. The Manufacturer’s features are as follows:
- Flyknit construction uses TPU yarn for lightweight durability.
- Low-top design for range of motion.
- Signature details are placed on the tongue and foxing.
- Full-length Lunarlon foam for soft, responsive cushioning.
- Zoom Air unit in the heel for cushioning and responsiveness.
- Translucent rubber for traction on a variety of surfaces.
- Micro-tread pattern provides grip for multidirectional movement.
They will be available for purchase via Footlocker on October 29, see release details below.
Kobe 11 XI Elite low 4KB Pale Horse
Blue Tint/Squadron Blue/Glow, $200