The Air Jordan 5 Satin Black Red is going to release on Saturday November the 3rd; one week after the Platinum 11’s dropped. I stopped by my local mall on my way back from my job and Footlocker, Champs, DTLR, and Finish Line still had the 11’s sitting on their shelves. It shouldn’t be a surprise since the shoes did horrible online where most transactions are taking place. A quick glance at Footlocker, Footaction and Champs release locator shows how flooded the market will be with the Satin 5’s but I’ll still go ahead and come up with a believable estimate for the number of pairs produced. All major retailers and most minor retailers are getting the shoes by the way. With that said, let’s consider the following assumptions:
- Footlocker and its derivatives will receive about 1/4 of the total inventory
- Each physical location will probably be given about 24 pairs ( I know that most HOH’s will receive more but I’m using the 24 as an average)
- And their online counterparts ( Eastbay included) will receive about a quarter of the inventory the physical locations will be allocated.
- North America has a little over 1000 active Footlocker stores, 547 Champs stores and 272 Footaction stores and those are the ones that will be considered. Now let’s run our numbers
Now let’s run our numbers:
Physical Stores: Footlocker ( 1000 x 24) + Champs ( 570 x 24) + Footaction (272 x 24)=44208 pairs
Online locations: A quarter of the total number 44208/3=11052
let’s not forget give Eastbay a 1/4 of the total from the FTL,FTA, Champs online combined
Eastbay= 11052/4= 2763
So the Total from Footlocker and derivatives = 44208 +11052 +2763 =58023
And now the Grand total is based on our earlier assumptions: 58203 x4=232092 and I think there might be actually more pairs produced than I’ve projected.
I usually write about the market value once I come up with the estimate but today I want to confirm what has been said about the shift that is occurring in the sneaker market when it comes to general release shoes.
The screenshot above basically sums up why retailers are up against a GOLIATH when it comes to GR shoes. The seller has the shoes on hand (he indicated that he is shipping them now). He is only selling them for $210 ( basically for retail so the shoe has no resale value) and from the screenshot we can see that he sold about 51 pairs so far. I already told you that most FTL are going to receive about 24 pairs on average. This seller alone has sold more than what two footlocker stores combined would sell…and that is just one seller that I singled out, mind you there are several sellers like him on eBay clearing out their inventory before Saturday ( official release date). How in the world can retailers ( major or minor) compete with this? This is why shoes like the Air Jordan 11 Platinum are still available for sale on most retailers’ sites and stores.
these sales aren’t going to put a dent in retail sales
What folks don’t understand is that the resale market influences sales of the retail market. Now that people know that the shoes have no resale value, they aren’t going to rush out on Saturday to make that purchase. They’ll wait till the sneakers eventually go on sale (because they definitely will go on sale) prior to making their purchase. I hope retailers understand what they are up against. I actually talked about it in a previous post, see link below.
WHERE TO BUY THE AIR JORDAN 5 SATIN
You can also buy them on eBay now from our featured sellers, refer to the listings below
- Quick Look At The Reebok Question Mid I3 Motorsports GX7925 & Buy It Now - April 15, 2021
- How To Spot & Identify The Fake Jordan 5 Raging Bull Part 2 - April 14, 2021
- How To Spot & Identify The Fake Air Jordan 1 High Hyper Royal - April 14, 2021