The Jordan 5 Stealth released this past Saturday March the 27th and sold out everywhere. I had no idea that fake pairs of these were going to be made. While doing my routine check up this morning, I came across the fake air jordan 5 stealth and wanted to quickly show you how to spot and identify it. As usual, it’s always imperative that we go through our preliminary steps.
1. Smell the shoes ( only if you’ve already made the purchase)
One of the dead giveaway is the smell/odor of the glue uses to construct the replicas. If the glue smell is really strong to the point of irritating your nostrils, then you’ve probably being dealt a counterfeit
2.Proof of Purchase
Ask for a proof of purchase. Receipt must include details such as provenance, time of purchase, date and any other relevant information. If a seller is reluctant to provide that, I will strongly urge to refrain from following through with the purchase.
Now let’s talk about the flaws ( by the way both the legitimate and the fake pairs are size 8.5’s)
- The gap between the netting area and the the eyestay is wider on the fake pair
- The tip of the netting are has a pointier closure/end on the authentic pair
- The gap between the double stitching is slightly wider on the legitimate pair
- The tip of the second shark tooth coming from the left lands in between the double stitching on the authentic pair
- The sole has a darker and more blue shade on the fake pair, see yellow circles
- The black portion at the end of the midsole extends further on the authentic pair ( remember both shoes are size 8.5’s)
- The gap between the forefoot and the panel overlay is wider on the authentic pair (and moreover the leather material on the fake pair appears rougher and higher)
The gap between the jumpman logo and the midsole is higher on the fake air jordan 5 stealth pair ( both shoes are size 8.5’s). The jumpman logo does not look the same between both pairs. The gap between the ball and the edge of the heel overlay is higher on the fake pair. The legs of the jumoman logo on the legitimate pair spread a little wider.
The fake pair has the wrong style # ( it reads 440888-140); moreover the upc code is not the same even though both shoes are 8.5’s.
The box labels are totally different, they don’t display the same information ( the style code isn’t the same), the color code is also different and the prints are also not similar.
There you have it folks, so far these are the only notable nuances that were spotted.
You can check out our other real vs fake comparisons via the Legit Check page.
Where To Buy Legit Pairs
You can purchase authentic pairs on eBay via authenticity guaranteed, se listings below