During my last visit to my local mall I was able to see the Air Jordan 13 Starfish, took pictures of a sizes 9.5 and 8 for the sake of pinning them against the fakes. I have to admit that replicas are getting more and more harder to detect. Before I show you the nuances between the real and the fake air jordan 13 starfish, it’s important that we go through the preliminaries first.
1. Smell the shoes
One of the dead giveaway is the smell/odor of the glue uses to construct the replicas. If the glue smell is really strong to the point of irritating your nostrils, then you’ve probably being dealt a counterfeit
2.Proof of Purchase
Ask for a proof of purchase. Receipt must include details such as provenance, time of purchase, date and any other relevant information. If a seller is reluctant to provide that, I will strongly urge to refrain from following through with the purchase.
Now let’s talk about the actual differences
Both shoes above are size 8’s so they technically ought to have the same features. If you look at the yellow circled areas, you’ll notice that the authentic pair has deeper curves in comparison to the almost non existent curve on the fake. And if you look at the heel area, there is no curve at all but a steep inclination ( see yellow secant line).
Both shoes are size 8’s but there are tons of differences, I had to number each.
(1) &(2) the back tab is short on the fake pair ( I noticed that this is a recurring error on most Jordan 13’s)
(3) The back overlay has a steeper angle on the authentic pair
(4) The bottom of the midsole on the back is crooked on the fake pair
(5) The gap between the medial side and lateral side on the back is wider on the authentic pair
(6) the stitches are not placed on the same position ( both shoes are the same size)
In the picture above, both sneakers are 9.5’s but you’ll notice the similar problems
(1) the back tab is shorter on the fake pair
(2) The gap between the medial side overlay and the edge of the midsole is shorter on the authentic pair
(3) the lateral side overlay has a steeper angle
Both sneakers are size 8’s but you can easily spot the nuances, the tongue of the Fake air jordan 13 starfish is shorter. The jumpman has a rounder belly on the fake pair, there is a gap between the bottom edge of the tongue and the perforations on the authentic pair; there is barely any gap on the fake pair.
No comments are needed in the picture above, the differences are very clear.
For other comparisons, visit our legit check page
You can purchase authentic pairs now from OUR SHOP, CLICK HERE
- Quick Look At The New Balance 992 Navy & Grey & Buy It Now M992GG - March 5, 2021
- Sneaker Steals & Deals, Coupons, Exclusive Access, Sign Up Today - March 5, 2021
- Backdooring Sneakers Is The New Normal - March 5, 2021