Where To Buy The Nike Air Max 1 ’86 Big Bubble & Resale Value

Nike air max 1 '86 big bubble release date, review and resale value
Spread the love

Nike has been tapping into the Air Max 1 silhouette for years. Their latest creation—the Nike Air Max 1 ’86 Big Bubble—is an ode to nostalgia and is sure to be an instant classic. Dressed in a White, University Red, and Light Natural Grey color scheme, this retro release of the Nike Air Max 1 OG “Big Bubble” aka “Big Window” will return in its original build and color blocking.

The shoe features a White mesh base with Grey and Red suede overlays atop its signature bigger, longer visible Air unit. Its tongue label  contains two emblems; one with a that read ” Nike Air” as a reminder that this classic sneaker series was built around air technology. This subtle detail shows off Nike’s marketing genius while also paying homage to the past.

This is an absolute must-have for any sneakerhead who appreciates vintage style combined with modern comfort and design features. From its aesthetic appeal to its cushioning comfort and marketing genius—this shoe covers all bases! So if you’re looking for something special to add to your rotation this summer—the Air Max 1 OG “Big Bubble” should be top of your list! You won’t regret it!

Where To Buy The Air Max 1 ’86 Big Bubble

  • Price:$160
  • Release Date: 2023-03-26
  • Style Code:DQ3989-100
  • Color: White / University Red / Light Neutral Grey


Nike US, Nike EUR, END

You may also purchase it now on eBay from our featured sellers, CLICK HERE

Resale Value

Air Max 1 Big Bubble Resale Value Vs Time

The chart provides us with a breakdown of the average sale price of the shoe since the 23rd of March. As you can see from the records, prices went from $193 to $196 within a two hour period, increasing by $3. We do need to find our five number summary for further details.

Minimum: 164
Quartile Q1: 184.75
Median: 188.5
Quartile Q3: 205.25
Maximum: 227

The lowest sale recorded was $164, for 2 size 10’s and a size 8.5 while the highest sale was $227, for two size 10’s. It is interesting because the size 10 actually went up in price from the 23rd to the 24th. 25% of the shoes sold between $164 and $185 ( see next chart for sizes), whole half of them sold between $185 and $205. The top 25% sales were from $205 to $227 and no outlier was recorded. The overall average resale value is currently $194 with a 9% volatility. At $194,  you’re looking at a +$8 profit margin, for a 5% mark up ( 3 times below average). That doesn’t mean the shoe isn’t worth reselling, certain sizes might be worth a shot, let’s see the current earnings by size sold.

Nike air max 1 '86 big bubble earnings losses by size sold

About 43% of the sales led to earnings under $10, no profit or a loss ( sizes 6.5,7.5,9.5,10.5,11 and 11.5). The remaining 57% led to earnings between $10 and $25 with size 12.5 producing the most return with $23 generated ( a 14% mark up , still below average). With a volatility of 9% ,you can expect the current margins to drop when the shoe releases officially. Would I recommend reselling the Air Max 1 ’86 Big Bubble? I’ll say no just because the current margins aren’t impressive. The shoe has the potential to grow within the next 16 months, that’s if you plan on investing for the long term. If that’s your goal, then target larger sizes, you won’t regret it.

Air Max 1 Big Bubble: Review & On Feet

Here’s the best review of I’ve come across of the shoe and its is courtesy of Weartesters. He discusses the history or the shoe, how they fit, the materials, cushioning and all.


tayib salami
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x