Should You Resell The Nike Dunk Low Argon?

nike dunk low argon release date and resale
Spread the love

The Nike Dunk Low is a sneaker that needs no introduction. It’s a classic basketball shoe that has been updated and modernized over the years, but it still retains the same DNA that made it so popular in the first place. First released in 1985, the Dunk has been brought back time and time again in different colorways and variations. The latest iteration of the sneaker, the Nike Dunk Low “Argon,” is a nod to the past while still feeling fresh and new. Let’s take a closer look at this sneaker and what makes it so special.

The  Dunk Low “Argon” is a clean and simple sneaker that features a Deep Blue leather base with Light Blue overlays and White leather Swooshes and heel tabs. White laces, tongue labels, and midsole atop a Light Blue rubber outsole completes the design.

What makes this sneaker so special is the attention to detail that Nike has paid in creating it. Every element of the sneaker, from the colorway to the materials used, is carefully chosen to create a cohesive and timeless look. It’s also clear that Nike has put a lot of thought into how they can keep the Dunk silhouette fresh and relevant for today’s market, releasing older models that always resonated with the consumer. The Argon was actually released in 2001 originally as part of Nike’s CO.JP series, so the brand’s marketing genius came into play again.

The end result is a sneaker that feels both nostalgic and new at the same time. It’s a perfect example of how Nike can take an iconic sneaker and continue to find ways to keep it alive for new generations of sneakerheads. If you’re interested in going back in time, then refer to the details below for a chance to purchase a pair.

Where To Buy The Nike Dunk Low Argon

Color: Flash/White-Argon Blue-Flash
Style Code: DM0121-400
Release Date: October 8, 2022
Price: $130

Retailer(s)

Nike US

Buy it now on eBay, CLICK HERE

Air jordan 1 high taxi size 13 on sale

Stock numbers

The numbers are definitely high and the production numbers by size is as follows:

size 6 (984), size 6.5 (940), size 7 (2156), size 7.5 (2840), size 8 (7088), size 8.5 (7044), size 9 (12080), size 9.5 (9786), size 10 (15868), size 10.5 (16832), size 11 (14372), size 11.5 (2488), size 12 (12252), size 12.5 (820), size 13 (14108), size 14 (2864), size 15 (864).

Total Produced via Nike SNKRS= 133,386 pairs

Dunk Low Argon: Resale Value

nike dunk low argon resale value by size

Observations

The chart above gives us a breakdown of the average sale price of the shoe by size, as well as the earnings/losses associated with each. 82% of the sales resulted in losses ( that is sizes 4-11). The remaining 18% led to profit margins under $15 ( sizes 11.5-13). The shoe is currently being for retail or under on about 65% of the listings. How can we explain that? This is another certain case of the shoe being made available in the Nike Employee store. Sellers are probably paying between $65 and $78 for the shoes ( tax not included). So they can get away with selling it for retail or under on third party marketplaces. So should you resell it?

It all depends on timing, there is definitely a high demand for it. But don’t expect any immediate gratification, you’ll have to wait till all the pairs available in the employee store are sold to see a change in the market. When will that happen? I’ll say wait till an average of 1,000 to 2,000 pairs are sold and then check the market value again. For the Saturday morning resellers, this isn’t good news. But for those with capital to spare, I’ll strongly encourage buying multiple pairs, especially on larger sizes. I’ll monitor the changes periodically, stay tuned for updates.

Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date
Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date
Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date

Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date

Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date

Nike Dunk Low Argon DM0121-400 Release Date

Nike Dunk Low Argon 2022 DM0121-400 Release Date
Nike Dunk Low Argon 2022 DM0121-400 Release Date

images courtesy of Sneakerbardetroit

 

tayib salami
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Kguy
Kguy
1 month ago

How many manufactured pairs of a sneaker does it take to make it rare?

2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x