The PSG X Air Jordan 7 is set to officially release on May the 22nd and retails for $215. The shoe was birthed out of the ongoing joint work between Football Club Paris Saint-Germain and Jordan Brand. Here are the details of the project courtesy of Nike,
Contrasting shades of black and white cover the majority of the design, with accents of University Red and College Navy nodding to the team’s home kits.
The classic design is lightened up by swapping out swathes of traditional paneling in favor of transparent mesh. A stylized adaptation of PSG’s famed logo graces the shoe’s heel, depicting a fleur-de-lis within an illustration of an iconic Paris landmark. A stitched tag on the forefoot displays “Paname” (a nickname for the city of Paris), while the club’s primary rallying cry, “Ici C’est Paris” (This Is Paris) is etched across the sockliners.
Today we’ll try to come up with an estimate of the number of pairs of the Jordan 7 PSG made and the shoe’s current resale value. But first , we need to get a count of the major and minor retailers given an inventory beside Nike.
So far these are the only confirmed US retailers that I’ve come up with during my research. Now we can set up some assumptions and run our numbers
- Footlocker, Champs and Footaction will receive about 30% of the inventory
- Based on my observations Champs and Footaction physical stores are not going to carry the shoe ( only online)
- Footlocker, Champs and Footaction online stores will be given a 1/3 of the inventory FTL physical stores are allocated
- Regular Footlocker stores will be given 24 pairs per store while HOH locations will receive about 100 pairs per location
- Based on my observations an average of 254 stores were allocated and out of those 170 are HOH locations
Now let’s run our numbers
Regular FTL stores: 84 x 24=2016 pairs
HOH stores= 170 x 70= 11,900 pairs
(FTL + Champs + FTA )online= (11,900 + 2016)/3=4639 pairs, when rounded
Total from FTL and its derivatives= (11,900 + 2016+ 4639)pairs= 18555 pairs let say 19,000 pairs
Since we assumed that this number represents about 30% of the total production for the USA, then
the total number of pairs produced for the United States alone = (19,000) x 3 + (19,000/3)= 63,334 pairs
And we can conclude that the global production will be : 63,000 pairs < Worldwide production < 127,000 pairs
PS: As you all know, I always have to add this disclaimer because every single projection that I make is purely based on assumptions that I have set. It is meant to give you an idea of what to expect, I don’t work any of these brands/retailers I mentioned and have no access to their numbers. I’m only using what is available to create plausible assumptions.
PSG x Air Jordan 7 Resale Value
The chart above gives you a breakdown of the current resale value of the Jordan 7 PSG by size. You can use it to gauge what size to acquire if you’re looking to resell this shoe. I also want to investigate its trend to see what’s going to happen as soon as the shoe drops. This is the equation I came up with to evaluate the resale price based on time.
Resale Value= $452 -80 ln( t= time elapsed since May the 6th)
This doesn’t look very good as you can see, the price has been decreasing very rapidly. A size 10 originally sold for $765 and now the current resale price is $295 and I’m sure it will even go further down. Based on the model, the resale value of the shoe by May the 22nd will be:
Resale Value= $452 -80 ln (16)= $452- 80 (2.77258872224)=$230 So I wouldn’t recommend buying this shoe at all if you plan on reselling it.
Production Information/ Buy It Now:
- Release Date: 2021-05-22
- Style Code:CZ0789-105
- Color:White / College Navy / Sport Royal / University Red
You can buy the shoes right now on eBay from our featured sellers via authenticity guaranteed, CLICK HERE
- Air Jordan 3 Patchwork, Stock Numbers, Where To Buy & Resale Value - November 27, 2021
- The Vans Sk8 Hi Bolt Is A Must Have, Here’s Where To Buy It - November 27, 2021
- Beware Of The Fake Air Jordan 1 High Rebellionaire - November 27, 2021