Don’t Try To Resell The Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal, Great News For Buyers

air jordan 12 hyper royal release date and resale value
Spread the love

The Jordan 12 is one of the most iconic sneakers in the Jordan Brand lineup. First released in 1996, the AJ12 was designed by legendary sneaker designer Tinker Hatfield and was inspired by the Japanese flag and a women’s dress shoe. The shoe quickly became popular among basketball players and sneakerheads alike thanks to its sleek design and performance on the court. The  Jordan 12 has been retroed numerous times and a new colorway( the Air Jordan 12 hyper royal) is set to release that will pay homage to one of the biggest markets for Jordan Brand – China.

The “Hyper Royal” colorway features a Black full-grain leather base with Hyper Royal mudguards. Metallic Silver details and a special graphic underfoot complete the design, while “Celebrating 25 Years of Jordan in China” replaces the “Jordan” on the heel tabs. This new colorway is certainly a nod to MJ’s global impact and his huge following in China. If you’re interested in picking up a pair, refer to the details below

Where To Buy The Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal

  • Price:$200
  • Release Date: 2022-09-28
  • Style Code:AO6068-004
  • Color: Hyper Royal / Black / Metallic Silver / White

Retailer(s)

Nike UK

Nike Us

Footlocker

Finishline, JD Sports

Buy it now on eBay, CLICK HERE

Buy it via StockX, CLICK HERE

Jordan 12 Hyper Royal: Resale Value

AJ12 Hyper Royal Resale Value Vs time

Observations

The chart above gives us a breakdown of the average sale price of the shoe since September the 3rd, 2022. As you can see, the average resale value started at $255 on 9/3, rapidly dropped down to below retail for the next three days, went back up to $255 on 9/13 and since then has been pretty much below retail, and even going as low as $157 on 9/17 and $165 on 9/24. The current average sale price is about $178, and that is 11% below the suggested retail price. Here’s our five number summary.

Minimum: 134
Quartile Q1: 156.75
Median: 190
Quartile Q3: 215.25
Maximum: 280

The lowest the shoe sold for was $134 (size 6.5 and 7), while the highest sale recorded was $280 (size 11.5 on September 18). The 11.5 has since dropped down to $205. 25% of the shoes sold for prices between $134 and $157 (2 size 6.5 , 7 size 7 and size 6). 50% sold for prices from $157 to $215 ( the next chart will show you the sizes that fall in this category). And the top 25% sales are between $215 and $280 (3 size 8, 5 size 10, size 8.5, 2 size 12 and a size 11.5).There were no outliers, and the overall average resale value is $189, leading to a -$40 loss. Here’s a breakdown of the returns generated by size.

air jordan 12 hyper royal resale value by size

85% of the sales resulted in significant losses, while the remaining 15% resulted in profit margins of less than $10. The picture is clear: do not try to resell this shoe; you will almost certainly lose money. Retailers will also lose money on this shoe because it hasn’t even been released yet and prices are currently well below the MSRP. We’re returning to how things were before the pandemic. And this should serve as a wake-up call to anyone who still believes there is money to be made from reselling general release sneakers. I wrote about this a few years ago, and the link is below. However, this is fantastic news for buyers.

General Release Jordan Retros Resale VS Retail Value | The Implications

Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date
Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date
Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date

Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date

Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date
Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date
Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date
Air Jordan 12 Hyper Royal AO6068-004 Release Date

 

tayib salami
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x