The Air Jordan 1 OG Shadow 2.0 is scheduled to release officially on May the 15th and retails for $170. The shoe is an alternate version of the Jordan 1 Shadow and features a genuine black leather upper with nubuck overlays in Light Smoke Grey atop a white midsole and black rubber outsole. Today we’ll attempt to come up with an estimate of the number of pairs made and the resale value of the Jordan 1 Shadow 2.0 via third party marketplaces. First, let’s get a count on the number of major and minor retailers allocated an inventory in addition to Nike.
The next step is setting up our assumptions. We’ll go with the following
- Footlocker, Champs, Footaction and Eastbay will receive about 30% of the entire inventory for North America
- Finishline, JD sports, Hibbett will be given about 20% of the inventory
- Minor retailers and boutiques will be given 20% and Nike will also acquire 30% of the inventory
- FTL, Champs and Footaction online will receive about 1/2 of the inventory the physical stores are getting
- Eastbay will receive 1/3 of the total FTL and Champs online are getting
Now we need to figure out the total number of Footlocker, Champs and Footaction stores that will be allocated. Once we get ahold of that number , we can also come up with the number of pairs given to each physical store and calculate our numbers. Based on my observations, I’ll assume 2/3 of all footlocker, and 1/3 of footaction and Champs stores will be allocated, that is 667 FTLs, 183 Champs and 71 Footaction stores. Now we’ll also add the following assumptions:
- Regular Footlocker will be given about 24pairs per store
- HOH locations will receive 120 pairs
- Champs and Footaction will be given 24 pairs
Now let’s run our numbers:
Regular Footlocker locations: 497 x 24= 11928 pairs
HOH: 170 x 120=20,400 pairs
Champs: 183 x 24=4392 pairs
Footaction: 70 x 24= 1680 pairs
(FTL+ Champs+ FTA) online= 38,400/2=19200 pairs
Eastbay= 19200/3=6400 pairs
Total for Footlocker and its derivatives= 38,400 + 19200+ 6400=64,000 pairs and since we assumed at the outset that this number represented about 30% of the entire inventory for North America then we can conclude that the Grand total for the USA= (64,000 x 3) pairs + (64,000/3 pairs=214,000 pairs when rounded off.
And we can conclude that the worldwide production will sit within the 200,000 pairs < global production < 400, 000 pairs
PS: As you all know, I always have to add this disclaimer because every single projection that I make is purely based on assumptions that I have set. It is meant to give you an idea of what to expect, I don’t work any of these brands/retailers I mentioned and have no access to their numbers. I’m only using what is available to create plausible assumptions.
Air Jordan 1 OG Shadow 2.0 Resale Value
The chart above gives you a breakdown of the resale value of the Shadow 1 2.0 by size. You’ll clearly see that sizes 5-6.5 fetched the highest returns. Other sizes margins will sit within the $60-$100 profit. You can pretty much use the graph to see the sizes to aim for if you’re planning on reselling this shoe. I also wanted to create an equation that will help us predict the resale value by the time the shoe releases officially. The equation that best captures this data is :
Resale Value= -6.65 ( time elapsed since May 9th) + $299
On May the 15th , which is 6 days after may the 9th the resale value based on the model above will be:
Resale Value= -6.65 ( 6) + $299= $259.
This is all based on mathematical prediction, if we continue using this model, there will be a breakdown at some point. The shoe will certainly have a resale value within the $260-$300 interval based on the size acquired by May the 9th and for the days that will follow after. But expect the price to pick back up in the early days of the month of July. I’ll be monitoring this shoe.
Product Information/ Buy It Now
- Release Date: 2021-05-15
- Style Code:555088-035
- Color:Black / Light Smoke Grey / White
You can buy the Jordan 1 Shadow 2.0 now on eBay from our featured sellers via authenticity guaranteed, CLICK HERE
- Truth For Life E50 | Jesus, The Founder Of Our Salvation, Hebrews 2:5-9 Part 1 - October 17, 2021
- Where To Buy The NBA Nike Air Force 1 Low Lakers DC8874-101 - October 16, 2021
- The Nike Air Force 1 Gets a Christmas Makeover - October 16, 2021