The Air Jordan 1 High OG Volt Gold is scheduled to release on January the 9th and retails for $170. The shoe features a white leather upper, highlighted by black and mustard yellow leather overlays. Additional details include a touch of volt on the heel strap, a translucent tag sewn backwards on the tongue, and an off-white the sole that completes the look of the shoe. Today we’ll try to figure out how many pairs of this model could be released and its resale value. First let’s get a quick count of the major and minor retailers that would be given an inventory in addition to Nike.
These are pretty much most of the US retailers that were confirmed. Now let’s set up our assumptions
We’ll go with the following:
- FTL, FTA & Champs will receive 40% of the total inventory
- The remaining major & minor retailers will receive the remaining 40% and Nike gets the other 20%
- Only 1/3 FTL, FTA and Champs stores will be allocated, that is 34 FTL stores, 92 FTA and 183 Champs
- We also need to add that all HOH ( House of Hoops will receive the shoe), that is 170 HOH’s
We’ll also add the following assumptions:
- Each HOH will receive about 48 pairs, while FTL gets 18, FTA and Champs will be assigned 12 pairs per store
- FTL and Champs online stores will receive about a 2/3 of the total the physical stores are receiving, and for FTA we’ll say 1/2
- Eastbay will also receive another 1/4 from the total FTL, FTA and Champs online are receiving.
Running The Numbers:
FTL= 264x 18= 2952
HOH = 170 x48=8160 pairs
FTA Physical stores=92×12= 1104 pairs
Champs Physical stores= 183x 12=2196 pairs
Online allocation ( FTL + FTA + Champs)= (2952+ 8160+2196) x (2/3)+ (1104)/2=9424 pairs
Eastbay= 9424/4=2356 pairs
Total from FTL, FTA, Champs and Eastbay = (( 2952+ 8160+1104+2196+(9424)+(2356)) pairs =26192 pairs and I’ll take stretch this number up to 30,000 pairs
We established that this number represented about 40% of North America’s total production hence
Total production for the USA is = 30,000 x3=90,000 pairs
And for the overall global production of the Jordan 1 Volt Gold, we’ll assume that 90,000 pairs < Total production < 200,000 pairs
PS: As you all know, I always have to add this disclaimer because every single projection that I make is purely based on assumptions that I have set. It is meant to give you an idea of what to expect, I don’t work any of these brands/retailers I mentioned and have no access to their numbers. I’m only using what is available to create plausible assumptions.
Now let’s talk about the resale value of the Volt Gold Air Jordan 1
The chart above gives you a breakdown of the average resale value of the Jordan 1 Volt by day since December the 19th. You can clearly see that for the first 5 days, the value stayed pretty constant in the $350’s; then it started to decrease by day 6 (December the 24th). It has now stabilized and will probably remain in the low $300’s until its release date and might decrease by 5% right after it releases. But expect this value to climb back up by the end of January and we can infer that the shoe will most likely sell for anywhere between ($300 and $330) depending on the size acquired. Now let’s take a look at the resale value by size.
Sizes highlighted in gold are the ones with the highest returns ( size 8, 9.5 and 13). All the other sizes are pretty much consistent with our initial projected resale value ($300, $330) except the size 12, 12, with the lowest recorded revenue at $269. I’m actually surprised that the size 13 went that high because usually on the Jordan 1 highs , smaller sizes are the ones with the highest returns. Maybe it’s because this is too early but I can definitely say that the resale value will probably sit within the ($300-$330) range. What can you expect as far profits? The shoe retails for $182 after tax so profit margins will fall within the ($90-$110) for mark ups within the (50%-65%).
Product Information/ Where to Buy
Air Jordan 1 High OG Volt Gold
- Release Date: 2021-01-09
- Style Code:555088-118
- Color:White / Volt / University Gold / Black
You can buy it from the retailers in the major and minor retailers provided above or preorder it from our SHOP, see details below
- Where To Buy The Jeremy Scott Adidas Forum 84 Low Wings Money - October 26, 2021
- Nike Kyrie 7 Performance Review & Where To Buy It Under Retail - October 26, 2021
- The Adidas 4DFWD Solar Red GZ8619 Is Releasing Soon - October 26, 2021