The Air Jordan 9 Black University Gold is set to release on January the 30th and retails for $190. It will be available in both adults and grade school sizes. The last pair of Jordan 9’s we were served was the University blue edition and the shoe was relatively limited. The 9’s are my favorite hooping shoe and they were solely built for that matter. This particular model sports a black genuine nubuck leather upper with University Gold highlights hitting the ankle liner, branding, tongue and heel. We’ll attempt to figure out the possible number of pairs made, the shoe’s current resale value this morning. First we need to get a quick count of the various stockists that have been given an inventory beside Nike.
Now we can set up our assumptions and run our numbers next
We’ll go with the following:
- FTL, FTA & Champs will receive 40% of the total inventory
- The remaining major & minor retailers will receive the remaining 40%
- and we’ll give Nike SNKRS 20%
- Only 2/3 FTL, FTA and Champs stores will be allocated, that is 667FTL stores, 181 FTA and 365 Champs
- We also need to add that all HOH ( House of Hoops will receive the shoe), that is 170 HOH’s
We’ll also add the following assumptions:
- Each HOH will receive about 48 pairs, while regular FTL , FTA and Champs stores will be assigned 12 pairs per each
- FTL , Champs and FTA online stores will receive about a 1/2 of the total the physical stores are receiving
- Eastbay will also receive another 1/3 from the total FTL, FTA and Champs online are receiving.
Running The Numbers:
HOH = 170 x48=8160 pairs
regular FTL stores= (667-170) x 12 =5964 pairs
FTA Physical stores=181×12= 2172 pairs
Champs Physical stores= 365x 12=4380 pairs
Online allocation ( FTL + FTA + Champs)=( 8160/2) + (5964/2)+ (2172/2)+ (4380)/2=10338 pairs
Total For FTL & Derivatives= (8160+5964+2172+4380) + (10338) +(3446)=34460 let say 35,000 pairs
We assumed at the outset that this number represented 40% of the total production for North America.
So based on this assumption, we can conclude that the total production for North America is,
Total= [( 35,000)+ (35,000)+ (17,500)] pairs= 87,500 pairs
and we’ll also conclude that the worldwide production will fall anywhere within the 80,000 pairs < Global Production <200,000 pairs but I believe the actual numbers will exceed the projected the numbers.
PS: As you all know, I always have to add this disclaimer because every single projection that I make is purely based on assumptions that I have set. It is meant to give you an idea of what to expect, I don’t work any of these brands/retailers I mentioned and have no access to their numbers. I’m only using what is available to create plausible assumptions.
Now let’s talk about the University Gold 9 resale value
The chart above gives you a breakdown of the average resale value of the Jordan 9 University Gold by size. You can clearly see that sizes 7, 7.5 and 14 recorded the highest returns, ranging from $289-$295. Most other sizes , 8-13 sold for values within the $260-$265 range. I discovered several months ago that most General Release sneakers lost between 5-10% of their resale value by the time they release officially. And I’m assuming that this will be the same for this particular model. Hence we can expect sizes 7,7.5 and 14 to resell for $285 and sizes 8-13 for $250. The shoe retails for$190 before tax and roughly $202 after tax. So you can expect your profit margins to fall within the ( $30-$60) for mark ups within the 155 to 30% interval. The shoe is certainly going to sell out.
Product Information/ Buy It Now
Air Jordan 9 Black University Gold
- Release Date: 2021-01-30
- Style Code:CT8019-070
- Color:Black / Dark Charcoal / University Gold
You can purchase it from our SHOP, CLICK HERE
- Air Jordan Retro 4 Taupe Haze DB0732-200, How Many Pairs Made, Resell & Where To Buy - February 26, 2021
- The What The Air Jordan 1 Doernbecher Will Probably Be The Shoe of The Year (2021) - February 26, 2021
- Quick Look At The Air Jordan 1 Mid Desert Ochre DB5453 700 & Buy It Now - February 24, 2021