There is going to be an interesting battle between Nike and Adidas this week end since both brands are releasing two new colorways of their classic silhouettes, the Yeezy 350 V2 and the Jordan 12. I already wrote a post about the number of pairs of the Jordan 12 Game Royal could be possibly made, see link below
Today I’ll try to project the number of pairs of the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Cloud White leaning on data directly obtained from Adidas’s site. I’m glad the brand has opted to provide a list of international retailers and local Adidas stores allocated an inventory via the Store Finder. That is a tremendous bonus and it makes my job a lot easier. Before I run my numbers, let me set up some assumptions first,
- I’ll assume that most stores will be receiving a total of 60 pairs based on my previous posts
- Let’s also assume the rest of the world will receive 2/3 of the total inventory while Adidas USA and major/minor US retailers receive about 1/3.
- We’ll also take into consideration that the online stores of the rest of the World will receive about 1/4 of the inventory the physical stores will be getting
I put all the data I collected from Adidas in the histogram below
The total number of international stores allocated an inventory based on the histogram above is 744. We can now calculate the number of pairs for the rest of the world,
Rest of the World ( physical stores)= 744 x 60= 44,640
Rest of the World ( online allocation)= 44640/4=11160
Rest of the World ( total)= 44640 + 11160=55800
USA inventory= 55800/2 =27900
TOTAL NUMBER OF PAIRS = 55800 +27900=83700 PAIRS
PS: once again take everything with a grain of salt, these numbers are purely dependent on my assumptions.
I usually collect eBay, Kixify, StockX sales’s data and then find their averages but this time, because of time limitation, I’ll cut the Gordian knot and lean on Stockx’s records
The average sale price as indicated by the screenshot above from StockX is $437 for a 64.1% mark up. The retail price of the shoe is $238.5 after tax , so selling it on Stockx yields to a $198.5 profit based on the current average sale price. The lowest the shoe sold for on StockX is $355; even at that price, the profit is about $116.5 ( still great), so this shoe is definitely a good choice for resale purposes. This will not sit on retailers’s shelves at all.
PRODUCT INFORMATION/WHERE TO BUY
Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Cloud White
Style#FW3043, $225, September 21
You can also buy it now on eBay from our featured sellers in the listings below
- The Air Jordan 12 Indigo Stone Blue 130690-404 Is Available Now - August 8, 2020
- Quick Look At The Air Jordan 1 Mid Chicago 554724 173 & Buy It Now - August 6, 2020
- The Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG CO.JP DC1788-029 Is Available Now - August 6, 2020